Monday, October 8, 2012

Thank You for Waiting

My biggest fear in going back to work was missing a milestone. I had given Joe specific instructions not to tell me when something happened. But, who am I kidding? Of course I would want to know anyway. I would get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I would be happy. It would be a bittersweet moment.

When Emmi took her first steps, it was in front of her Uncle and Auntie in Canada on an iChat. We had no idea it was going to happen. She just let go and walked toward them on the screen. It happened on a Saturday morning. She waited for me and I was so happy that she did.

I knew Logan was gearing up for something. He had been a tad restless at night and moving around his crib. I secretly prayed he'd wait for me too. Yesterday, right before the entire family on the East Coast was about to sit down for Thanksgiving (Canadian) dinner, he took 2.5 steps from me to Joe. He waited for me too.

To be honest, I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. Now, I can breathe a little easier leaving in the morning. Sure, they may be other things here and there that J will witness first. But, I'm okay with that... I got to see the first steps!

My little boy is going to have a whole new world to explore, all on his own two feet.

Thank you for waiting for me Birdie.


No comments:

Post a Comment