Monday, July 30, 2012

Closed for Business

Birdie's on day 3 of not feeling like himself. At first, I took the fever and crankiness as the obligatory teething routine but after seeing his eyes (always a tell-tale for my kids), I rallied to have the doctor examine him. J took him in and of course, ears, throat, lungs, etc. checked out fine. She figured it was a viral infection of sorts (which was also corroborated by my own mother whom I should have brought him to in the first place and saved a co-pay ;)).

At any rate, as I begin to gather items to sell on consignment and/or give to friends, reality hit me hard. We are done having kids. I can't believe I just typed that out loud. But, it's true. Although J won't commit to any, ahem, permanent methods for either of us, and unless we win the lottery, we are done. I'm okay with it. These two sweets keep me busy, entertained, and plenty happy. A third would be wonderfully welcomed, but I'm liking the dynamic we have right now. 2 boys, 2 girls= 1 square with four corners of love. I can't believe I just typed that out loud either.

Life is good.

Birdie's face when I told him no more sisters or brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment