Monday, April 30, 2012

Have to let you fly...

Yes, there's plenty of maternity time left, but I write this to you now so when the day comes when it runs out, we can read it together.

To my Birdie (and my Peanut),
Your Mommy is a working Mommy and Birdie, there will come a time when your Mama will have to leave you for a bit in the day (Emmi is familiar so talk to her if you can).

Someday when you are old enough to read this and understand you will know that the guilt I feel about being a working Mom will always be there, but my love for you will be stronger than the guilt.

I promise you that the quality of my mothering and the joy of time spent with you will not be overshadowed by the worry about the time we have to spend apart.

I am learning that when I am absent the earth does in fact keep revolving and the sun still shines at home. Your Daddy makes sure of that.

There will be times (okay probably many times) when I will struggle to wake up in the morning but I will be comforted by: "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family" Proverbs 31:15.

I am realizing my job is not a punishment but a chance for me to show you how to be strong, organized, and independent.

I am learning to trust that the love I have for you is more than enough to last through a work day and beyond.

I will always be here for you. I will always have time for you, even when it may look like I do not.

I will still apologize to you for not being able to stay home when the time comes and I hope that you will forgive me and not feel angry or sad that I had to leave. And if you do, one day we will talk about it because I might feel angry or sad about it too.

Even when we are apart, we will be near, always.

I love you more than anything,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment